Since we are doing Halloween things in storytime this week, I made a Spider Web and Spider take-away craft that the kids could do at home.
1. Cut the middle out of a paper plate. Recycle it. Randomly (or not so randomly) punch holes in the outside circle of the paper plate.
2. String yarn through the holes to make a spider web pattern. Leave some tie it so that it won’t come undone. Then make sure that there is some extra yarn hanging out so that you can create a loop to hand the spider web and spider up for Halloween decorations.
3. Get two black pipe cleaners and a black pompom. Cut the black pipe cleaners in half. Then wrap the four half-sized pipe cleaners around the pompom to create a spider body with eight legs.
4. Wrap some of the spider leg ends around the spider web.
5. Hang it up and watch it “spin”. 🙂